My Lenovo Laptop screen just went very faint. I take the…

Customer Question
My Lenovo Laptop screen...

My Lenovo Laptop screen just went very faint. I take the power lead out and it becomes bright again so I can't use the laptop as I can't re charge it. Is it the power lead that has gone?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your Lenovo from a different power source?

Yes! The same result.

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your Lenovo, or an aftermarket charger?

The one I received with the laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Lenovo ac/dc adapter model adlx45ndc3qa

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing such trouble with your Lenovo laptop
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

What is the model number of the laptop?

Model name 80E3
Lenovo G50-45

unplug the ac adapter and remove the battery from the laptop, let me know once you are done with these 2 steps

The extra $55.00 dollars is a con as I'm sure it is the lead. You talk about satisfaction?? The battery is working with out the lead
being plugged in it only goes dull when the lead is plugged in.I've taken the battery out.

Batter is charged that is why you must be getting the computer to work fine and what happens when you connect the ac adapter lead?

Please note: You may see ADDITIONAL SERVICES offer which is automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. you may close the offer if you don't want to avail additional service, we can continue with the chat service you have opted for.

When I connect the adapter the screen goes very dull

and when you unplug the adapter the screen comes up ok?

I'm convinced that it is the AC Lead as I've taken the battery out as requested and put it back in with the same results. The computer is working fine.But when I connect the lead the screen goes very dull. Thank for your help even though I'm no further advanced then when I contacted you. I'm better off putting my $55.00 towards a new lead. Thank you.
Tech Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello I think it is to do with the adaptive brightness setting on your laptop.

Please try disabling it by following the picture below.

Let me know if this works or not, thank you