The welcome screen comes up but the login doesn't. As soon…

Customer Question
The welcome screen comes...

The welcome screen comes up but the login doesn't. As soon as I touch the screen or touch pad the screen goes blank for a minute & the the welcome screen comes up again

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell laptop Inspiron 15

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

3000 series

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I haven't

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried shutting it down just pressing the button. BUT when I turned it back on after 15 minutes same thing happens

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts

(when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again

and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.

Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot >

Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

On the command prompt type:

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter and let it scan and fix errors.

Next on the command prompt type the

following command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and let it scan and fix corruption.

Next on the command prompt type the

following command:

sfc /scannow

and press Enter and let it scan and fix corruption. Then reboot the

computer.

Test to see if the issue is resolved and let me know the result.