Cannot use recovery or refresh or a restore point on my hp…

Customer Question
Cannot use recovery or...

Cannot use recovery or refresh or a restore point on my hp all in one computer keep getting transient error ox800423f3

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 8

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes 3 days ago it took 5 hours

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. You can perform some system scans that may fix your issue, as long as you can boot into Windows. Open a command prompt with administrative rights.

In a black command prompt window type this command and press enter:

sfc /scannow

I recommend running this sfc /scannow three times. Another scan you can perform is a chkdsk scan. Type this command and press enter:

chkdsk c: /f /r

You will be prompted with this message:

The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Type Y and then press enter. You will need to restart that computer in order for the chkdsk scan to begin. A chkdsk scan depending on the size and health of your hard drive can take hours.

Please let me know if you need any assistance starting those scans.

Thanks,

Aaron

how do i call up the window?
we'll do this tomorrow just paid card tonight needs a day to hit joe.

OK. In Windows 8 you would open up the search box or run box. Type in cmd or command prompt.

Right click on cmd or command prompt. In a pop up menu choose "Run as administrator".