My daughter has a Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10. Not…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have?

Not sure of the model at this time.... problem is unable to boot the machine... bad system config info... tried a popular fix, but the regback directory is empty

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

A couple of days.... tried a fix, but the regback directory is empty

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. The Lenovo IdeaPad features a hidden partition that contains recovery software, called Lenovo OneKey Recovery System, used to manage and troubleshoot your computer.

Turn off the computer and press the Novo button, located to the left of the power button on the front of the PC.

Select "Lenovo OneKey Recovery System" using the directional keys and then press "Enter" to boot into the recovery environment.

Click "OneKey Recovery," select "Restore From Initial Backup" and then click "Next."

Click "Start" and choose "Yes" at each prompt to reset the Lenovo IdeaPad to its factory default condition.

Factory reset will remove the programs and files on your system and make the system as on factory out state.

Using the Lenovo OneKey recovery system, is it possible to back up any personal data first?

On some computers, there is an option available with one key recovery to keep files and reset. If you go with it, your files will not be removed. If that option is not available, continuing with factory reset will wipe out everything.

Then, If you need to keep your files you should boot from a bootable disk and try repairing your windows.