I have a dell inspiron computer which was my father in

Customer Question
I have...

I have a dell inspiron computer which was my father in law's. He passed away and I have no idea what his password was nor do i have the administrator password

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Great -- not sure

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I can not get past the screen asking for the administrator password

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
i expected a quicker response - how long will this take
3/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Is this the Windows password ***** are being prompted for?

asking for administrator passworf
i do not want remote assistance

Okay thank you. Is it asking for the password ***** Windows starts or after?

This is getting long = i have already answered this question for the third time (administrator password). my patience is getting thin
i can not get to windows

My apologies but there a couple of password ***** If it is prompting you for the password ***** Windows even starts then that is the BIOS password ***** will be very difficult to break. Do you see any code numbers on the screen?

service tag 4209F82
sorry 42D9F82

This is a list of passwords you can try:

d71gz5lr
cu9alphk
Pp01k9iZuzEGrah9
D5yOn6XvPuFqe7D5
gsrO6TOPbIHELfRu
zSIxtQ3U8zw0KBM0

They are case sensitive so be aware of that when you enter them.

none worked

Do you have a serial number?

i guess we can forget this, it appears you have no answer for me. I will simply cancel this service and go forward. Do you cancel or do I need to contact a different place

You can try this uuq1ffgffu If that doesn't work then you will need to contact Dell but be prepared to prove ownership.

no go I will contact Dell and I can prove ownership as it was purchased

Very well. You can contact support at this link. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

You can blank out the password ***** a Trinity Rescue Disc following the procedure below:

First click the link below to download the Trinity Rescue Disc image then burn the image to CD.

click here

Place the Trinity disc in the CD/DVD drive on your computer and boot using the Trinity disc (you may need to place the CD/DVD drive at the top of the boot order first).

Once the system has finished booting and a menu appears on the screen, scroll down the menu using the down arrow key to highlight the Windows password ***** option and press the Enter key.

Next, select "Winpass with prompt for username first" and press the Enter key.

Enter the username of the Administrator account for which you need to reset the password.

Select Clear (blank) user password ***** press the Enter key. This step deletes the password ***** the Administrator account.

Select the shut down the PC menu option, then remove the CD from the CD/DVD drive.

Boot the computer into the Administrator account. You should now be able to login without a password.

You can now either set a new password ***** your account by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys at the same time then select the Change Password ***** and follow the prompts to change the password.