I have a file that I have been adding to for a year now. A…

I have a file...

I have a file that I have been adding to for a year now. A couple of days ago, it kept closing spontaneously. Suddenly, it won't open. The error message says there's a problem with the content. Something about the element at the start needing to match the element tag at the end.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Word 2010

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Word?

Generally or with this particular file?

3/15/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble and I'm sorry that you've had to wait for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you. It sounds as though the may be an html document rather than a WORD document. Would it be possible for you to upload a copy of the document so I can attempt to repair it for you?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've been trying to reply to you from my desktop computer where that file is, but it won't go anywhere. I tried adding files, so I don't know if that is the problem.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The document has a .docx extension and it was created in Word.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've opened two new windows and logged in and each time it will not let me do anything after I say click on Add Files and select the journal file that I'm trying to fix.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For some reason, on my desktop, the Send button is grayed out and won't let me even send a question to you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am trying to respond and load my file from a different browser.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On my desktop, as soon as I have sent you a comment, the Send button grays out and it will not let me do anything new. I have to open an entirely new window and try again.

Let's try attaching it this way.

1. To the left of the Send button, you should see an "+ Add Files" link. Please click on that link and select the file(s) that you'd like to share.

2. After the selected file has fully uploaded, the uploaded file will be shown below the message box. You may add multiple files at once.

3. Click send and it will be uploaded so I can view it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is exactly what I have been trying to do. It is not working. Maybe the file is too big. It is a very large file.

I apologize for the delay. If you'd like I can offer SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE so I can try to see what is going on with the file. Otherwise I will need to opt out and see if someone else can help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
let's do the somebody else option. I don't want to pay another 40 bucks.

I understand. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilizing our services

If you have a onedrive, dropbox or google drive account you may upload the file and share the download link I would then access it from there

Regards,

G

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19721MiLUVj2Uq9EzcrF-Lbg-19TPFfSh/view?usp=sharing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I uploaded it to Drive and that is the link
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anyone still working on this?
Thank you sorry for the delay. I’ll update you shortly
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. I'll be out of the office until 4 p.m. I'll look for your response after that.

Ok, please download it from here when ready

Key: !iVR-zegAiUMD-jsGw-kDMF0fr275g2plsA-wljvh6T0

Confirm if your data is complete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I only got half the journal back. It goes to the end of the year plus a year in review. That journal had 402 pages and the one you sent only has 141 pages.

It should be complete now. Its here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am away from my computer and won't be back till Tuesday. I'll check then.

Ok no prob

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This site can’t be reached
%21_2pcmpi87dalq-lhw8cyqdvmps1yf6ox66s96a1xhmk’s server IP address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINThis is what I get when I click the "here" tab...

Sorry about that please try this: https://mega.nz/#!jXAQEb5K!_2pCmpi87DAlq-lhw8cyqdvMps1yf6Ox66S96A1XHmk

George Sibiya
George Sibiya
George Sibiya