Until recently the lower right corner of my screen displayed…

Customer Question
Until recently the lower...

Until recently the lower right corner of my screen displayed several options for foreign keyboard use, allowing me to write in foreign language without using the alt key. This display has disappeared, and I have not yet found a way of re-establish this facility. Can I?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Desktop and W10

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Desktop! Dell, Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

Probably yes to updates - I am not sure, sometimes it seems like update are just done, maybe when I restart. I suspect it could have something to do with Office 2007 being sysled out, although it also affects my Mozilla Thunderbird email.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Can you first try right clicking on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen, and select the option "Show Touch Keyboard Button" This should allow a small keyboard icon to appear in the bottom right taskbar section. Please let me know if this is the keyboard you are referring to.

If that is not the one, try these steps below:

1. Click on the Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
  2. Click on Settings.

3. Click on Time & language.
  4. Click on Region & language.

5. Click on the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.
  6. Click on Options.

7. Click on Add a keyboard.
  8. Click on the keyboard you want to add.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
    Jamie

I find no taskbar at the bottom! Second set of solution I had tried myself earlier - no results.

The taskbar is the bar that runs along the bottom of your desktop screen. It is the same bar that the "start" button is attached to. Down near the time. Please try right clicking that bar. I have attached a screenshot.

-Jamie