I checked the computer screen with the flashlight and there…

I checked the computer screen...
I checked the computer screen with the flashlight and there is no faint image. the screen is definitely black.
3/15/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

OK, try connecting it to an external monitor to see if you get a display.

I do not have an external monitor. I am using my personal notebook to communicate with you.The HP computer is my work computer.
No thank you. I paid for the sign up and I am not willing to pay more. I will get someone who can physically help me.

Please ignore the remote offer. It is system generated, not by me.

Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Please ignore the remote offer. It is system generated. Look on keyboard for brightness key. Most laptop keyboards have this. You hold FN key down an press brightness up repeatedly to make sure display is turned up. Other than that, the only way to confirm whether it's a bad screen is to connect to an external monitor. Then you will be able to rule it in or out, as well as potentially have access to see to fix the issue if it is not the screen. I hope that helps.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

This last attempt with the brightness key did not work. I will get an external monitor later today and test things out. Thank you for your help. I have to leave now to see other clients.

You are very welcome. I cancelled the remote service so you won't be charged for it. Just reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert