We have a Canon L100 and all of a sudden are having trouble…

We have a Canon...

We have a Canon L100 and all of a sudden are having trouble sending faxes. They seem to go through, dial, etc. then nothing goes through. It keeps redialing.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

We only use it as a fax and are receiving faxes with no problem.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Had the issue a few weeks ago and again last night and today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The people that are receiving the fax say that their fax comes on as if the fax is coming through but nothing is received. So evidently it is making a connection.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Have you been able to test this with more than one receiving fax machine, or only one recipient?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has now happened with two different fax machines that we have tried sending to.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is an independent fax machine so you cannot connect to it.

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, I can connect with you right away.

Is this fax machine connected to a digital phone line , such as one offered by your internet service provider (comcast, cox, etc.) or is it connected to a regular analog telephone line from the phone company?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Analog.

OK. I can walk you through the steps over the phone, or you can click on the link below for the manual and try it yourself. You'll need to try to change the communication Tx SPEED settings to a lower number. 9600 baud should work.

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Canon%20L100%20Laser%20Fax%20Basic%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

Let me know the results of changing the speed. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It worked! Thanks!

Great to hear.

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.

technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
technicalcat
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant