I am involved in a Scam with a company using Google

Customer Question
Andy , I am...

Andy , I am involved in a Scam with a company using Google Phone...is there a way to track this phone call or phone number?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

IPhone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It is a Scam...want to find out where the google call is located.....3 Days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I need a Scam expert But that is all I have

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Depending on the company trying to scam you, there are a few different courses of action. Were you called by this number on your cell phone or on a home landline? If on a call phone you can look in your recent calls list to find the number if it is not marked as private.
If you are on a landine you may be able to use the caller ID or you can try dialing *69 after the phone call comes in to see if you can get the phone number back from the caller.

Here is a site that lists the current Google scam's and how to proceed depending on the scam you believe you are involved in:

https://support.google.com/faqs/answer/2952493?hl=en

This is another article that shows that google is aware of this issue and working on it, and plans for future protection against this:
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0025-robocalls

Please let me know if you have any further questions,or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie