Is World Tech Assist a representative of Microsoft. Windows…

Customer Question
Is World Tech Assist...

Is World Tech Assist a representative of Microsoft

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I received a message on my computer last night that it was unprotected and it had locked me out of it. It said I must call World Tech Assist at(###) ###-####to get it unlocked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you think it was legitament or has my computer been hacked

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

To remove this hold the power button on the computer for 60 seconds then release.

Once done, power it on and it should then be removed.

Let me know how you go please

I am not quite sure what I am to do at this time. Are you going to find out about my computer?

Can you do the instructions I gave you? repeated below

hold the power button on the computer for 60 seconds then release.

Let me know how you go please