Do not have online connection even though my computer is…

Do not have online...

Do not have online connection even though my computer is connected.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Family Tree Maker 2012

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell XPS Operating System Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

This problem is for Family Tree Maker 2012
3/15/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. To get started, please answer these questions:

• How are you connected? (via ethernet cable or wifi)
  • Who is your Internet provider
  • Do you have Internet access to other sites besides Family Tree Maker 2012, or to none?

The first thing to try is to power down all routers and modems and your computer. Then power on the modem and router and then after approx. 3 miniutes, power on your compouter and try again. Also, reply to the questions above so I can further assessthe issue to get it resolved.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Connected with Ethernet cable
Verizon
Yes internet access

I see you accepted the system generated remote support offer. I just want to make sure you intended this and want remote support or if it was done in error. I would be happy to connect in and work on the problem. Reply and let me know and i can send you connection information. Otherwise, we can continue via messaging. Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

We want remote service

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded.

Link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5f1e1940-e13f-4e83-a4c5-d8d73173f08f

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Mcafee disconnected me while it was updating. It looks like you are all set. Unfortunately, we can't control that it is no longer supported. Just reply with any questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you today. Please feel free to request me if you ever need help in the future.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Thank you so much Sheri. So glad you could help me thru this.

You are very welcome.