I am attempting to make a system image of my Windows 10 and…

Customer Question
Hello I am attempting...

Hello I am attempting to make a system image of my Windows 10 and this backup is continuously failing. Have been getting the same error. I intend to have this system image on an external hard drive that is formatted NTFS. Need help.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

MSI GT72 6QD Dominator

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Have gone through Control Panel - -System and Security -- Security and maintenance -- file history -- System Image Backup -- Create System Image -- Last time I did this image I had no issues... today I've been trying this for 4 hours to no avail

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to make a system image backed up on an external hard drive

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Fran, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've just received your question. And would like to assist you with your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Fran, in the meantime I was attempting another backup. The message I was getting is "Windows Backup failed with error 0x807800C5". Now I'm waiting to see what happens now, and will send you a photo of the message that I will get..

OK

You will need to if you haven't "rename the backup" to something that isn't the same as the first back up you made.

Are you still having problems?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah... it has just arrived to 57% and the error appeared again after all this time waiting

Sorry. Did you rename the back up?

Let me know if you renamed the file?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I rename the backup?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no option that allows me to do that..

All you need to do is to change the folder name to WindowsImageBackup.old. To distinguish it from the newly created backup

Just rename the older back up

Put the .old on the end of the older back up file

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The older back up was done last january and the hard drive on which it was stored is damaged. So I am attempting to do another system image on another hard drive and this time it keeps erroring. On Control Panel it says "File History does not recognize this drive"

is this an external hard drive. Or one you mounting into the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
External hard drive

Ok hold one moment I'm typing up the instructions for you to turn file history on

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Error Code: 0x807800C5
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
File History is already On

Oh it is. Ok

for the drive you are backing up to. It is on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can be seen under my PC... I did an error test on it and it produced no errors

Use this free tool to do the back up https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
BY the way, this is the second drive that I am using today, as the previous one got me these same results

Try the tool listed above. It has worked well for many

Let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The url does not work... " can’t establish a connection to the server at www.easeus.com." Tried it on different browsers too

It works fine when I click on it. Just type in www.easeus.com and find the back up software

And i click on it from the thread here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still nothing

From your computer? are you chatting here from the computer or phone?

I had to ask because alot of people come here from there phone trying to fix the computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
computer... and i am using edge, firefox and chrome

what browser are you using for the thread here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
firefox

And you can go to other websites? Just not the easeus.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I try to access this website, I get this "Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND"... yeah tried YouTube, Facebook.... no problems

That connection error is a proxy setting error

well it is a legit website. I have used it many times. At my computer repair shop. I also have purchased the software for DATA recovery

So at this point I'm going to have to opt out and let another JA expert help with your problem. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shall I disable my anti-virus?
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 1 month ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

To address the error do the following:

Click the Windows Start button then click the Search box and type

cmd

in the Search box and right click on the command prompt icon that appears and click Run as Administrator. Then on the command prompt type

sfc /scannow

and press Enter then let it scan and fix errors. Then reboot and test to see if backup is now working.

Even if backup is working the same as before I recommend that you download the Clonezilla imaging software at the link below:

click here

Then burn the image to a CD (if your computer is equipped with a CD/DVD drive), and then reboot and go into the BIOS menus and move the CD/DVD drive to the top of the boot order. Then place the Clonezilla disc you made into the CD/DVD drive, boot into Clonezilla, and follow the prompts to capture an exact image of the Windows 10 system that you can apply to another drive when needed.

Note that you will need an external drive, such as a USB flash drive, with enough room on it to store the captured image.

David L
David L
David L, Systems Engineer