Got it used can't get past log in. Pavilion 20. I'm looking.

Got it used can't...

Got it used can't get past log in

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Pavilion 20

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I'm looking

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I just got it at yardsale

3/15/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you

Can you tell me please the version of windows you are using?

Please let me know

Thank you

8

In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart on the password *****

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.

Richard, Computer Specialist
Didn't work still goes to password

This will work for you, it works on any windows 8 computer

You need to make sure you hold the LEFT shift key and then click on the power icon on the screen and click restart.

Make sure to keep SHIFT held until it has restarted and you are at the menu please

No power icon

It is on the bottom right, the circle with a line through it

I'm just getting enter power-on password *****'t click anything

ok, it looks like then this is not the windows password, so you are saying you do not even get to the point when windows loads?

No just keyboard

Ok, then this is the Bios password.

Is this the Pavillion all in one computer?

ok, there are two options, the easiest is to get the password ***** the person that sold you the computer, else you will need to follow the steps in this link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04275882

to remove the CMOS battery and then wait 6 hours, so it can reset then put the battery back into the computer and start it up

Thank you