My camera is no longer working on Skype. Recently. I can see…

My camera is no...

My camera is no longer working on Skype.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Recently.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

I can see the other person, but they can't see me. There is a diagram of a camera in the right hand corner of the screen where I can usually see myself and it has a line drawn through it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That's it.

3/15/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please on which device you used Skype on?

Please let me know

Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

A Lenovo Ideapad using Windows 10.
956(###) ###-####
Do you have the ID and Password?

Please let me know the results following the restart

The problem has not been solved.

thanks

When did the problem start?

I think after an update of the Lenovo- within the last week or two.
I'm not sure what you want me to do or what happens next.

ok, I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

I think the Camera problem may be solved but now I can’t reach you on my PC. I’m sending this via my IPad.Also I’m worried that I’vecrestored my system before Windows Critical updates were downloaded.

Ok, any updates would install again if needed, so they will start installing if they were removed

I'm just worried that they might create the same problem with the camera as before.

It should not but if it does not let me know here please

ok. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if the problem recurs.