I have an ideapad 110s, with a 144 GB expansion. I'm unable…

I have an ideapad...

I have an ideapad 110s, with a 144 GB expansion. I'm unable to install windows updates as my 32 GB does not have enough space. Is there a way to extend the drive to my expansion card?

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the version of Windows?

Ideapad 110s-11IBR with Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Cleaning everything I can off the on-board memory, and placing as much as I can on the expansion card.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing such trouble with hard drive space.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

Thank you

What is the partition size of the c: drive the primary drive?

It's similar to a chromebook, with 32GB. Only one partition
Thank you, ***** ***** at this time.

Please note: You may see ADDITIONAL SERVICES offer which is automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. you may close the offer if you don't want to avail additional service, we can continue with the chat service you have opted for.

I'm on a different computer right now.
Sounds good, thanks

you would need a bigger hard drive as 32 gb is not enough for updates.

run disk manager and check the total size of the hard drive

Can't be swapped, 32GB is the max - built into the computer, can I extend the partition to the expansion card?

is has windows 10 on it?

windows 10 system requirement

Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS

Which is not enough you would need a bigger hdd

Can't replace on board to higher capacity. All I have is the expansion slot, which is 144GB.

Primary drive is your c drive which is 32GB i believe it a solid state drive.

you will have to replace it with a higher capacity hdd or ssd

is it possible to replace an SSD?
I'm assuming this is not possible.

yes it is possible

let me check and let you know

thank you

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
You may click on the response/reply button to continue if you need anymore assistance.
Thank you for your interest in Just Answer.

Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer