Never turned off computer until today and I don’t remember…

Customer Question
Never turned off computer...

Never turned off computer until today and I don’t remember the password. Tried safe mode method and it did not work Acced account and changed password ***** notebook but does not work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Average/ Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes today, that is why it restarted and asked for a password

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

No

What's showing above the password *****?

Everything ok updated address will you email response
Nothing is showing

Press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and let me know what it shows now, thanks.

It appears to be stuck. I can’t access the login page. I will try again
Nothing. Just says password
Is someone working on this? I need to use this laptop for work. Please let me know where we are and who is assigned to this job, thank you
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If the account you use to login to your computer is a Microsoft account then next do the following:

First, click the link below to access the Microsoft password ***** page:

click here

Then click I Forgot My Password ***** click Next.

Then enter your email address (the one you use to login to Windows 10) and enter the characters presented on the screen and click Next.

Then select whether to receive your password ***** security code via email or text message and click Send Code.

Once you receive the code, enter it on the next page in the field provided and you will be presented with the opportunity to reset your password ***** gain access to your account again.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

I don’t know what my Windows password ***** is the priblem
Problem
I did not read all the way through. Let me try the solution you provided and O will get back to you

Ok, sounds good.

I changed the password ***** cannot access my Laptop how do I change the password ***** the laptop I use ( not PC ..I use at work) through my Microsoft account

Ok then the account you use to access your laptop must be local to your laptop and not a Microsoft account. In that case you can blank out the password ***** a Trinity Rescue Disc following the procedure below:

First click the link below to download the Trinity Rescue Disc image then burn the image to CD.

click here

Place the Trinity disc in the CD/DVD drive on your computer and boot using the Trinity disc (you may need to place the CD/DVD drive at the top of the boot order first).

Once the system has finished booting and a menu appears on the screen, scroll down the menu using the down arrow key to highlight the Windows password ***** option and press the Enter key.

Next, select "Winpass with prompt for username first" and press the Enter key.

Enter the username of the Administrator account for which you need to reset the password.

Select Clear (blank) user password ***** press the Enter key. This step deletes the password ***** the Administrator account.

Select the shut down the PC menu option, then remove the CD from the CD/DVD drive.

Boot the computer into the Administrator account. You should now be able to login without a password.

You can now either set a new password ***** your account by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys at the same time then select the Change Password ***** and follow the prompts to change the password.

I do not understand other than I do not have a CD

If you have a USB flash drive that will work in place of a CD.

I have one
I do not understand how to do this
What happened to the remote repair?
Hello?

My apologies - I got disconnected. Are you still there?

I am still up but I am calling it for tonight I will check in the morning What happened to the remote fix? Can it be done? I did pay for remote, thank you

We can continue tomorrow - I will be available. Also, I am in the PDT time zone.

Regarding the remote session, I did not receive your request however I could remote in to the computer you are using to create the Trinity USB Boot drive to help you copy the Trinity Rescue Disc image to a USB flash drive and prep it so you can clear the password ***** your computer.