My PC files have become corrupted. Im not exactly sure what…

Hello, my PC files...

Hello, my PC files have become corrupted. Im not exactly sure what to do because I have never experienced this. Also the PC is used primarily for gaming if that helps.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I built the PC so it does not have a specific brand but the OS is WIndows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

For about a month. I have tried scans, repairs, game reinstalations

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats all

3/15/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. What error messages have you been getting?

blue creen of death
no thanks

You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site.

blue screen

Can you tell me what you have done to correct it please?

i tried to scan my files of corruption, repairs

From the command line?

what is that?
oh yes sorry

Press and hold the Windows key then the X key. Select Command Prompt (Admin) then type sfc /scannow

i dont see command prompt admin

What do you see?

windows powershell admin

Never mind, just click on the Windows icon and type command. When the window opens, right click on the command option at the top and select run as administrator.

it just pulls up command prompt

When click on the Windows icon and type command, it should appear at the top of the window on the left hand side. If you right click on the command and select run as administrator, that will open a command prompt window. Then you can run sfc /scannow

it doesnt give me that option

Okay go back to pressing and holding the Windows key plus the X key and select Windows Power Shell (admin) Type the command from there.

i did now what

It should take a while to run the scan?

it wont let me scan

What does it say?

34; the term 'sfc/scannow' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

You need a space between sfc and the forward slash. Copy and paste it. sfc /scannow

its working

Okay good. If you blue screen again, make sure you copy down the error code so you can let me know what it is.

ok
will i be able to contact u later on?
u specifically

You can always post here and I will reply back as soon as possible.

ok thank u

My pleasure! Please remember to rate my service and have a nice day!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist