I cannot get my computer to start form the blue screen. I've…

Hi - I cannot...

Hi - I cannot get my computer to start form the blue screen. I've tried control-alt-delete and finished all the task running but am left with a blue screen and a white arrow. I can switch on and off and log in, but this is all I can see. Please can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Asus F555L

Technician's Assistant: What Asus model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Office OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday. I have been using some software that is quite chunky and it hung up yesterday. I've tried control alt delete to stop that and other software running. I've also logged on and off and switched off the power several times....

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

It's a computer not a tablet. I just want to get it back to the initial screens so I can access files and other programmes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't need an android expert

3/14/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

which version of Windows do you use, 7, 8, 10?

Ok
Can you talk me through it

Windows 10

How does your Windows start now? and how was it starting before?

I can still type in my password. Usually it will revert to a screen where I can access files or the Internet etc. At the moment there is just a dark blue screen and I can see the mouse curser....

and nothing else comes up?

That's correct

on a dark blue screen, try pressing Windows + R keys on your keyboard,. let me know if anything comes up

Nothing

If Windows 10 fails to boot normally three times over, the fourth time it enters by default in an Automatic Repair mode. Using this mode, you can boot into Safe Mode. To trigger the Automatic Repair mode, you must interrupt the normal boot process three consecutive times: use the reset or the power button on your Windows 10 PC to stop it during boot, before it finishes loading Windows 10. If you use the power button, you might have to keep it pressed for at least 4 seconds to force the power off. When your Windows 10 PC enters the Automatic Repair mode, the first thing you see is a screen that tells you that the operating system is “Preparing Automatic Repair.”

Let me know when you get to "Preparing Automatic Repair.”

I don't understand. All I can do is switch off the power and turn it on again....

Thats exactly what you need to do . read instructions again.

I have the Asus label and a ring of white dots appearing......
Blue screen and working on updates .....
Working on updates again.....
Back to normal. Thank you.

ok, great

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator