When I bought my computer it had windows 8 on it. The offer…

Customer Question
When I bought my...

When I bought my computer it had windows 8 on it. The offer for a free upgrade to windows 10 came along and I upgraded. Later on I removed windows 10 and did a backup before I went back to 8. Yesterday I wanted to go back to 10 so I went to the store and bought a 10 download for 129.99 and tax of 9.99. After I began my download I discovered that I didn't need to purchase the download being I had already had 10 at an earlier time. My question is how do I get my credit card refunded? Also, how do I recover the data I had saved to recovery?

Technician's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

How do i retrieve my files from the recovery drive

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My desktop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Hp envy

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Envy? Have you installed any updates recently?

I just returned to the 10 os yesterday. I had backed up in recovery when I switched back to 8

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. If you used Windows 10 Backup and Restore tool then you can restore that backup after reinstalling Windows 10. Click on "Settings" then choose "Update & Security".

Next you select "Backup". Click on "More options" link. Choose "Restore files from a current backup".

Your file history should be displayed. You may see a message "File History is currently turned off". There is a link "Configure File History settings" where you turn on file history.

Make sure your computer has physical access to your recovery location ie. USB flash drive, hard drive, network drive etc. before trying to restore your data. If you did not use Windows 10 Backup and Restore tool, then please let me know what tool or software you used. I will then try to find some instructions for you.

Thanks,

Aaron