Last night an indian that i could barely understand changed…

Last night an indian...

Last night an indian that i could barely understand changed everything on my computer and gave me a new password. nothing works. and then he asked me to subscribe to protection for $200 - $400 and when i told him i couldn't afford any of that he abruptly cancelled the call. am i supposed to pay for your help..if not, please call me at once as nothing works and i am in a pickle without being able to use my computer for email..and very resentful of the 90 minutes he kept me on the phone thank you, ***** ********@******.*** (###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I used chrome to reach gmail which is either that or comcast...please excuse my ignorance as I am not computer savvy thanks

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Notebook computer (laptop)...please answer the question about whether you charge fee to help me. thanx

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I get as far as you (?) say you have sent me a verification code and to go to the email for it...but I can't reach my email so am going around in circles..please phone me and use assist to show me what to do as I seem to have lost all my computer uses. thanx

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes...is there a fee involved?

3/14/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Keep in mind that we are not a free service and require payment for our work, which is guaranteed. If you do not wish to pay for our assistance - please let me know now.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

It seems that you have allowed a scammer into your PC and that is why you are having issues.

The best thing to do is to do a recovery of your system to make sure you can reverse any changes to your systes,

to do Recovery please check this article : http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-xp-vista/how-to-restore-your-system-to-an-earlier-point/

hope it helps

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.