My Asus Keyboard for my Asus desktop computer acts as though…

Customer Question
My Asus Keyboard for...

My Asus Keyboard for my Asus desktop computer acts as though it is locked. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What Asus model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Win 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Asus? What have you tried so far?

Where do i find Model No? Problem started today

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Model 6850

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/14/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The issue started with the latest Windows update, and so many computers are facing the same issue that the keyboard or mouse (or both) not working. And most of them affected are HP Or Lenovo computers. You can resolve the issue by restoring the computer to an earlier date or uninstalling the last two updates. Since you are not able to use any USB device with the computer, it is difficult to do so. So, you have to get into Advanced options window, and restore the computer, or Reset the PC to get the issue resolved.

Check if you are able to login using the keyboard. If no, can I go ahead and help you further with refreshing or resetting the PC?

Thank you.

Customer/p>

Please try restoring the computer to an earlier date by following the instructions below.

Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button. Press and hold the power button (while holding the Shift key) till the gets turned OFF, Then, release the power button and press it again to restart the computer. Release the Shit key when it turns ON.

Note : If you do not get the options, restart it again. Press and hold the power button before it boots to Windows. Try it for three times.

The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot. Go to Troubleshoot.

Then, click or tap Advanced Options.

Now you have access to several system recovery tools. Choose System Restore in order to start it. It should be the first on the list.

Windows takes some time to prepare System Restore. It may even restart your computer or device. When System Restore is ready, you are asked to choose a user account to continue. Select an account that is set as administrator on your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 computer or device.

You are asked to enter the password ***** that account. Please pay attention to the fact that Windows shows you the keyboard layout it is using. If you need to change it, press “Change keyboard layout” and select another one. When ready, type the password ***** the appropriate field and press Continue.

System Restore is now started and you can use it to revert Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 to a previously working state. Choose an earlier date and follow the instructions.

If the issue persists, we will try Resetting the PC.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>

Have you tried restoring the computer to an earlier date by following the instructions I have given?

Thank you.

Customer/p>

Press and hold the power button to turn off the computer and press the power button again to restart it. Try it for three times, till you get Advanced Boot options.

Then, click or tap Advanced Options.

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Your help did NO GOOD and eventually i fixed it myself.

I am glad that the issue has been resolved. If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

Customer/p>