I am trying to install a dell visor and cannot. Windows 10…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install a dell visor and cannot

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10 and looking for model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I just got the vr headset and cannot install it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a c drive and a f drive the c drive is full the f drive is where everything is stored. the windows mixed reality portal doesn't give the option to use f drive

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/14/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 1 month ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. What is the model of the Dell Visor?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one sec
where can I find model number on dell vr headset

I am not sure. See if it is on bottom or back. It starts with VR

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a vrp 100

ok, one moment. I am checking.

is is VRP100?

Please click the below setup guide and follow the steps in order:

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_head_mounted_display/dell-visor-with-controllers-vrp100_concept_guide_en-us.pdf

The software part starts on section 6, which is on page 13.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am loading the pdf now

ok, just reply with any issues or questions as you go through it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on figure 4 the compatability check it says c drive is full. There is an f drive with lots of space.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
don't know how to install it on the f drive
*

Is your d drive your data drive?

Can you send a screenshot so I can see what you are seeing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one sec

ok

Can you go to the search and type this-pc and send a screenshot?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry it took so long

I am checking on this for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

Is "Learn more about Compatibility" clickable on that screen?

Does it mention installing on a different drive? Also, does it even get to an installation or just to the compatibility check first?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one sec

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this is what I got

did you send a screenshot?

or do you mean the one you sent before?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sending screenshot but its not going

Some programs let you change the default installation location as you are running it. I was wondering if that is an option for you or whether you can even get to the installation screen since it won't pass the compatibility. Basically, if not, you would need to free up space on the c drive, if possible. The only other options are a very risky registry change or a batch file that could be inserted in the installation file or I also located a free program that may allow you to change the installation location. (not sure how safe it is). I have to step out of the office for the next hour or so and will will return after. I will check for your messages when I return, if you reply before then or get the screenshot over. Then you can let me know if you could free up the space or we can try the other solutions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you having trouble sending screenshot now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can I get the link to the software

OK, I got back earlier. I will send the link in a minute.

Below is the link to the page. Scroll down near the bottom of the page to see the download and options:

http://www.intowindows.com/change-default-install-location-of-programs-in-windows-10/

******Use at your own risk. I have not used this software before******

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert