Might sound a little "out there" but I have been hacked by…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl: Might sound...

Hi Pearl: Might sound a little "out there" but I have been hacked by the Russians. I took my phone to a very good tech guy in Florida and he looked at a note from "Microsoft" and noted a spelling error. It had the Microsoft logo and really looked perfect. He went up to the sender's address and it ended in UR or something telling him that it was from Russia. Now I have a new Microsoft password ***** several others. I have not been receiving any E-mail for 10 days and "Microsoft" is asking me to write my new password. How can I know when it really is Microsoft not the Russians. This has been the most troublesome thing that I have ever done. Lots of help from the ATT store, the Apple store and three very good independent guys but the problem persists. What to do? Thanks, ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

You can call me on my phone if that will help.(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

THANKS!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Think that's a good starting point.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

I'm happy to help fix this. Would you like to do the remote service so i can see and fix this issue OR would you like to tell me more over chat and I can give you some options to try?