Last friday my computer came up with a red screen asking me…

Last friday my computer...

Last friday my computer came up with a red screen asking me to call this specific number for help with possible hacking. The screen said that it was from microsoft. My question is - is this the real deal or was I hacked. The tech I talked with was Ana Wilson and she gave me an account number of MCP 66KS0.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have a Lenovo . My ID is MS7206198361584720

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It was working fine until last Friday, as I stated. Since then, the weekend was good and then yesterday it started crashing all the time. I did forget to tell you that I was charged $349.99 for a 3 year warranty.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I use both google chrome and firefox and both are doing the same thing. I put in a call to Ana this morning, but she has not returned it. I understand that she could be busy. That number is(###) ###-####that I called. If this is not a Microsoft 'thing' then I need to stop payment on my computer. thanks for you help

3/14/2018
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

This was an advertisment which was designed to look real but in fact was a scam.

Regarding the $349.99 you paid, they can be claimed back if you call your bank and initiate a charge back.

Banks are very well aware of this scam so should be easy to claim it.

Regarding crashes and stuff, i can take a look at your computer to fix them?

u can. And I have already talked w my bank

Please click the link below and run/open the program

https://www.fastsupport.com/629083351

If u need to talk w me please call(###) ###-#### My cell coverage can be spotty where I live
Thanks

All i need is to connect, can you just click the link above and run the program.

Can you connect me to the computer please

I'm having difficulty getting on to the joinme. They ask for a support key and I don't know where to find that. Thanks for you patience

Support key is 777-520-930

thank you

waiting for you to connect

I inadvertently canceled out where they wanted the support key! I'm not a very computer tech savvy person.

No worries, take it easy.

Go to www.fastsupport.com again and then type the support key 777-520-930 and then launch the program.

Said that site cant be opened - the IP address cant be found

Can you access your email on the computer? Ill email you the direct link?

I can get to my email, but am not able to open up your responses.

What is your email address, ill send you the link to the email, if you access it from your computer you should see the link, you then click the link to launch the program.

I've sent you the link.