Have hp4512 cant get to print in color, hp envy 4512, since…

Have hp4512 cant get...

Have hp4512 cant get to print in color

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp envy 4512

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Since I got it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday

3/14/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First try the following, after ensuring your color cartridges have ink:

Is it running Windows 10? If so, try the following:

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.

Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

If it still does not work, do this next step:

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing preferences.
  3. Make your choices, and then click OK.
  4. Under option Print color select color , then the OK button.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already had those settings right

Did you update the driver?

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

I see you accepted the system generated remote support offer. I just want to make sure you intended this and want remote support or if it was done in error. I would be happy to connect in and work on the problem. Reply and let me know and i can send you connection information. Otherwise, we can continue via messaging. Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want the remote support

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded.

Link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0fa7435c-2e33-416b-9d18-0f2945909775

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

are you having trouble connecting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m waiting?

I am waiting for you to follow the connection instructions and connect to the session.

The session is live and I am connected. Did you click the link? Once you click the link a download will start. Watch the download and run the download once it completes. Then follow the prompts to allow the program and connect to the session. Reply back here if you run into problems with these steps so I can help you connect.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m stuck. I hit run and nothing

Go to your downloads and look for a program called Elsinore Screenconnect and double click to run it. Watch the screen as you may have to click to allow it.

Did the download complete first?

Would you like me to call you to walk you through connecting?

During our session we determined that you user account is a standard user, not administrator. We were unable to make the necessary changes to work on the issue. You will contact your former IT person to try to get the password. Just reply once ready to proceed or give an update.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still cant print in color. IT will not support home office equipment.

Unfortunately, without the password, the computer is locked down from installing or changing anything to attempt to fix the issue. You would have to either get the admin password ***** be able to change your account or reinstall Windows as a new computer. It also may not let you, but you can always try to go into system restore and roll back to an earlier date if there any any restore points saved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can I just get credit back for assistance?

You can call customer service at 1-***-***-****.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert