I want to upgrade the RAM on my 2018 Lenovo ideapad 320-15…

I want to upgrade...

I want to upgrade the RAM on my 2018 Lenovo ideapad 320-15 IAP and want to make sure that I get the correct RAM. I believe that it can go up to 16 GB, is that correct?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lenovo ideapad 320 - 15 IAP

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10 Home

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Product ID 00325-80915-21409-AAOEM

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Serial # PFOUHNCT. I just got it in December and the WiFi runs really slow, the system is sometimes running at 80 to 100%. I want to increase the RAM to the maximum amount

3/14/2018
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

One moment whilst I look that up for you.

OK, thank you.

There are a few different versions of the same model - do you know how much RAM your one came with originally and which 7th generation i7 CPU it has?

I can tell you being a 7th generation i7 it will do 16GB of DDR4 (1600 and 1866 SODIMM) but if you like I can take a look at it for you remotely and tell you what the maximum / most beneficial upgrade would be.

The RAM depends on both the motherboard and the CPU your computer comes with - there are various ideapad 320-15 IAP models

Sorry in my previous reply I meant to type DDR3 not 4

No thanks, ***** ***** look at it for myself. I've replaced RAM in a laptop before and from what I found I think I need 16GB DDR4 RAM, 2133 MHz. There's a 1xSO DIMM socket so just one 16 GB of RAM should do. I don't think that there's much more you could find out by remoting in for $39, I still have to buy the RAM. Thanks for your help and I'll check back if I run into any problems with it.

Oh I wasn't going to charge you to remote in.

From what you mentioned about the single slot, you're right - it's one 16GB DDR4

Martin, Network Engineer

From your computer click the following link:

https://xjvf.screenconnect.com/?Session=8be08931-7e30-41ac-ae6a-070673feddc5

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Once you've done that, minimize this browser window and look for a smaller box on the desktop then click Run.

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.

Connected

Glad I was able to help! Please leave a short review at the top of the page before you leave. If you thought I did my best to help you there's an optional bonus box you can tick which would be greatly appreciated!

If you have any problems or would like any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you need anymore assistance in future, you can request me directly using this link:

http://expertmartin.com

Thank you