Bit recovery and I have no key. Surface pro 4 windows 10.

Customer Question
Bit recovery and I...

Bit recovery and I have no key

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Surface pro 4 windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

Just started - tried restore files - reset to factory - nothing works - just get red screen with windows in middle

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/14/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hey Pete. You have replied .but no solution in that email. Only a survey. Could you please re send or credit my money back

Some places to look for your BitLocker key:

• On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.

• Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive in to your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.

• In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=237614

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Thanks,

Pete.

Hi Pete- you haven't done anything yet - I wouldn't be asking you the question how to fix my computer if I had not already tried your suggestions . I said I don't have the key - how else do I fix it.
If you don't come up with an actual fix and restart my computer today - I want my money back

When asked " What have you tried so far?" you did not mention any of my suggestions.

Please confirm that you have tried ALL of the suggestions I posted?