I have a Lenovo Toga Tab3. It seems to have stopped working.

I have a Lenovo...

I have a Lenovo Toga Tab3. It seems to have stopped working. Thought it was the battery. Had it replaced. System screen shows a battery that has above the battery a percentage. It never goes above "0". What is wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Not sure? Is it somewhere on the tablet?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

Yoga, manufacture date 2015-09-20

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

Changed the battery, tried different ways of charging such as the usual charger with electric outlet then through my computer. Same result. Thought it was the charger unit or cable but no difference

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just need to know what the problem is and if it fixable or not.

3/14/2018
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If using a different charger or cable did not help then the problem may be with the charging socket itself.

There are 4 small contact pads inside the charging socket on the Tab3 and over time they will wear out and no longer make a good connection with the charger.

When this happens, the charging socket will need to be replaced.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Ok, where do I get the charging socket replaced or is it worth doing?
I don't have the device with me. I am at work. Maybe tonight.

You can get the charging socket replaced by a local electronics repair store, or by sending the tablet to Lenovo:

https://support.lenovo.com/US/en/contactus

A repair will cost around $75 and is worth doing.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Computer Engineer