How to change my sbg6700-ac password. Arris sbg6700-ac.

How to change my...

How to change my sbg6700-ac password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Arris sbg6700-ac

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Arris router?

Model is sbg6700-ac

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Arris router?

My password ***** long i bought a device that can not support many characters i just want cut 3 characters

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

That only thing i want to know so far

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you trying to change your Wi-Fi / wireless password?

What's the make / model of the device you've bought?
Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this page. What's the make / model of your computer, if any?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

HP Pavition

Thank you. Is your computer connected to the motorola SBG6700-AC modem router device with a cable? Or is the connection wireless?

my phone TV program and my computer that all connect to t?he internet when you do the remote all of these need to be stop

Can we do a remote support session, so I can help you change the modem router's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** through your computer for you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ycpyhgxg
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ycpyhgxg
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Thank you for the remote support session. When you can, please try the following steps:

1. Press and hold the tiny reset button at the back / bottom of the sbg6700ac modem router device for about 17 seconds. Please click on the website below for the illustration:

https://i.imgur.com/tf4qhFe.jpg
2. Then wait about 3 minutes.
3. Then click on the small wireless / signal icon at the bottom right of your computer's screen, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name.
4. If needed, use the network name (SSID) and wi-fi / wireless / network / security key / passphrase/ password ***** the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device; it is case-sensitive.

5. If needed, go to the website below

http://192.168.0.1

, and if prompted, enter admin for username and enter password for password, and OK / login. The setup the internet there.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later on. Thank you for your patience.

Also, at the above website, you can change the Wi-Fi / wireless passphrase / key / password ***** anything you want. Thank you.