I misspelled my id for sign on to my new HP all in one

I misspelled my id...

I misspelled my id for sign on to my new HP all in one computer. How can I change it.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Just the updates it did at startup. I can't log on to it because the ID is wrong.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to log on.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you are not able to log in your new HP computer nor open any program on your new computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

exactly.

Solution #1:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Does that do anything?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Log on ID should be:***@******.*** Log in is:***@******.***.

Solution #1:

- Does that do anything?

I'll give it a try.

OK. I will provide more solutions if there is still any issue.

- Do you get a menu / the Troubleshoot option when trying the above steps?

The PC is about 50% reset. I will get back to you when it's done.

Great, the reset process takes a while, but it's looking good. Please keep this page open to continue communicating with me. Please let me know the result later; I will help further as needed. Thank you for your patience.

The reset is complete and it got me right back to the same screen, but as administrator. Now how do I sign on?

Do you mean you still cannot log in?

When resetting, did you make sure to select the option Remove everything?

No, I hit the remove everything but files. I will do over and let you know.

OK, you must select option Remove everything. Please let me know later. Thank you.

Hit remove everything. It is about 5% complete/

OK. Please keep this page open, then let me know the result later. Thank you.

Thank you for your help! Very appreciated!

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Thanks again for your help. Got the computer all set up now.
You're welcome :)