I am getting ready to set up a new laptop and I am trying to…

Customer Question
I am getting ready...

I am getting ready to set up a new laptop and I am trying to find out all of my passwords so it will be easier to get it all switched over. How do I locate my microsoft password?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell, Windows 8

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

There have been automatic updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

. I just need to know how to start this process. I am going to call HP as soon as I get my passwords. I need to know how to transfer info from one machine to the other as well. I am technically illiterate..

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
I am going to have to postpone this until I find the cord for the HP.
3/14/2018
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. When you startup your current computer and type in your password ***** the login screen, what do you see above the password *****? Do you see an email address or just a username? If you see an email address, then the password ***** you enter at startup is the same as your Microsoft account password. Please check and let me know

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

That's fine. Just let me know when you are ready.