Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a Lexmark Z2300 printer and I had a virus on the

Customer Question

I have a Lexmark Z2300 printer and I had a virus on the computer that was cleaned up by a technician and when I got the virus my printer is no longer connected to my computer Windows 10. Could a virus cause this? I have the cd to install it but when I put it in nothing happens
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Dell
JA: How long has this been going on with your Z2300?
Customer: Dell
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Just a few days ago by a technician
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Whoever cleaned your computer didn't set your printer back up. This usually happens if you take it somewhere as opposed to on-site work. I can send you a link to the driver software for download, or I can remote in to your computer and call you and complete this work for you. If the printer is wireless, the remote is a much better and easier option. Just let me know how you'd like to proceed.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You can remote in and fix it if possible

Yes , it is guaranteed. If you'd like, you can request remote through the system. If you aren't able to do that, I can soon send you an offer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I changed my mind I do not want to pay the 39.00 If you can t help then disregard this
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no thank you

Here is a link to the driver download. Make sure to select your windows version (operating system) and then download and install the driver. Let me know if you get it working this way.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?productCode=LEXMARK_Z2300&page=product&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US#1