I need help with my HP. When I turn it on I get a first

I need help with...

I need help with my HP . When I turn it on I get a first message that says, ( preparing automatic repair) then, after a long while I get another message that says (Diagnosing your PC) then after another long while I get another message that says (automatic repair couldn’t repair your pc) please help know what I should do to get my computer to work again.

Technician's Assistant: What HP product do you have?

Desk top

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Pavilion 23 windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I can’t do anything with it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My computer is pretty much frozen.

3/13/2018
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, if it is a glitch then your computer will work normally again.

Try these steps please> Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then try powering on normally by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds.

Let me know if any changes occur.

Randy Computer Tech
No changes acured.
  1. Try this please, power off the computer.
  2. Then press the power button to power back on and immediately Press F8 and hold until your system boots into Windows Advanced Boot Options.
  3. Select Repair your Computer.
I’m still holding down the f8 button and nothing is happening.
The same message came up again (preparing automatic repair)

okay, power off again and then power back on and hit F11 repeatedly as soon as the computer powers on, see if you can get to the Advanced Startup Options menu.

Nothing, same previous message

okay, do you have a repair or start up disc?

I don’t think so, don’t know what that is.
Do I still have to click on, “secure remote assistance”?And by doing this is it another 39$?
Are we still connected?
Do you o have another computer that we can use to create the recovery media?
No I don’t
Okay, unfortunately that is the only option to do this today. The only other option to get it working again will be to order a recovery disc.
where do I get this recovery disc?
With this happening to my desktop will I lose everything I had saved to my computer?

yes, the only way to save your files is to get a local computer shop to remove the hard drive and get the files off for you.