Can receive e-mails but cannot send. Tells me my password is…

Customer Question
Can receive e-mails but...

Can receive e-mails but cannot send . Tells me my password ***** ***** and my password ***** changed in February. Don’ have a problem with my iPhone just my ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Not sure what you mean

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It has been 4 days that I have not been able to send any emails. Tried to reset my password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s the only problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
3/13/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

I understand you can receive emails but you cannot send any. The error you are getting is due to your login. It sounds like a setting issue which should be easy to fix. What type of Ipad do you have?

Apple

Do you what version you have?

Also, who is your email provider?

My Apple iPad is about 3 years old.isn’t msn my e-mail provider?

Oh ok! So you have a Hotmail account?

My Apple iPad is about 3 years old. I think the e-mail provider is outlook
I keep hitting send but not getting any answer

What is your email address that you are having an issue with. That will help me out the most.

I think you mean***@******.***

Great! I see now. On your Ipad, what program do you use to access your email?

I’m not sure what you mean by the program I use to access my email.I am a 79 yr old not very techy

I'm sorry! Let me ask in a different way. On your ipad, how do you access your email? Do you open an icon called email?

I asked that just to make sure you weren't using another icon that could change my direction of troubleshooting. Okay, good. We're in a good spot now. I will have to have you verify some settings now so let's do this!

Can I have you open "Settings." If you don't have Settings, swipe right and type in the search box "Settings" and open the result.

I am open to settings

In the Settings app, navigate to Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Tap the account name to view the account.

On the main screen for your email account, tap on the email address near the top of the screen next to Account to access the account’s settings.

Verizon is what is on top of my emails

Is that the account you send from your ipad?

I wasn't sure if you also have a Verizon email address too.

Now I am getting confused Idon’t have a separate Verizon e-mail address

Okay. I was confused too when you said the email area you read said Verizon. No worries.

Were you able to get to a screen that looks like this?

Ok I see attached now what?

Are you seeing that on your ipad now?

What does the $42 payment cover if I keep seeing a $39 fee to have you troubleshoot
I have it on my iPad and iphone

The secure connect is not what we need. It's offered by the site but because it is an ipad, it's hard to connect to your ipad to share the screens. If you had this issue on a laptop for example, it would allow me to remote into your computer and take over so I can move around a bit quicker.

Just to recap, I had you go to settings. Then navigate to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap the account name to view the account. Then tap on the email address which should be your MSN email address.

I went to each of the settings but did not see email address
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

my problem has not been resolved.
Using my iPhone to tell you my problem has not been resolved

Have you tried deleting the email account then adding it back?

No I don’t know how to delete the account and adding it back.

Go into Settings then Mail

Do you see the email account listed?

I went to mail and did not see the email account so I went to accounts and passwords and saw msn listed.Is that what I need?

Yes, select it then scroll down and DELETE

Ok I hit delete
Time is getting to be a problem for me can we do this a little faster?

Did you delete the account then add it back as instructed?

Nothing showed me how to add it back I don’t know how to do it sorry

If you do not have another email address linked then you can open the Mail app and it will prompt you to setup the account

I opened the mail app but there is nothing that prompts me went to accounts and hit new account but it’s telling me username or password ***** ***** but that password ***** changed on Feb 2nd

If it is prompting you for a password ***** you did not delete the account properly