The laptop will not turn on. The start button lights up for…

Customer Question
The laptop will not...

The laptop will not turn on. The start button lights up for 15-20 seconds and goes dark. The screen never brightens or turns on.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/13/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer.

Press and hold the power button for a minute.

Then, release the power button and wait for two minutes.

After that, press the power button to start the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Didn't work.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.

Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)

Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).

Normally power on the notebook.

If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.

Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

Thank you.

Customer/p>