I have been trying for quite some time to regain access to…

Good day, I have...

Good day, I have been trying for quite some time to regain access to my Hotmail account but every time I go through the security questions they tell me I have not filled the requirements how can I surpass this and regain my account because I have a lot of my other personal information on this account and now I cannot receive anything.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?

No unfortunately, it has been locked for over a year and some months because I keep trying but they don't let me in... I even looked up ways to try and pass it online I tried again and I was finally referred to this page

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have an old phone number on it that I no longer use this is why I couldn't use it for verification and my other email was created after the one I'm trying to open so it is not listed in my Hotmail as an alternative email address

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure, what else you would need to know? Do you need the answer to the security question?

3/13/2018
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Google are free accounts for gmail/microsoft and Apple for apple id. They will not give it back unless you can recover it due to this. They require in your agreement that you keep current back up methods as your due diligence to keep the account.
There is not a 'person' that monitors those accounts. It is a computer system. Which is why once you are locked out, you cannot change an old phone number, security questions, email or password ***** we can get back in through all attempts at recovery.

Having said that, if you ever used that gmail/microsoft/apple id on a computer? We may be able to find and reveal the password ***** it was stored if you cannot recover online at gmail.com/apple.com?

do you have a mac or windows pc you used that account on successfully before this happened?

There is only one other way to get that email back if you really need to get into it and you did not put in account recovery. Do you remember your old phone number?

Good day Isaac!
Unfortunately, I used to sign in to my hotmail and around September last year our pc's were changed so I do not have the original PC but we are on a network and have our files saved so I was wondering if you could still try it and I do remember the number but the number is ***** longer working... The number is *****

One moment. Let me check that number. You may have a way around this.

Ok, I'm holding

I could not call thru to that number. It is listed as the virgin islands to check it.

What you do is call your number again. If someone picks up, explain that you need a one time code sent to the number and keep them on the phone while you do it.

You open your reset at live.com and put in your email, hit forgot password ***** when you see that number come up as a backup, enter it AFTER you call and get who has the number on the line. When they get a text, have them give you the digits and reset your password, then take that number off your account.

If no one still has that number, that is even better. You go to the carrier you used and activate a burner/throw away/cheap phone. Get the code and then turn the phone back in if you want your money/refund back and you will follow the same instructions i sent for you. I have done this a few times as a work around. It doesnt care what phone you use as long as the number is ***** same and you can get text. If that number is ***** in use, it will be available though the same carrier in most cases.

There is not a person to let you back in. Its a computer system that 'sees' the responses which is why they are free accounts. They use an algorithm to monitor these accounts.

This option will work if you can get that number activated or if someone has it. Other than that, their policy states to keep backup in place or they cannot return the account.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Ok. so no one has the number as yet, but that number was on phone bill and requires being paid off for me to use it. So i'm stuck there as well. So there is no other way besides an old computer or my old phone number?

Those are the only 2 loopholes there are for those accounts. The old computer may have had it stored and that number is ***** only thing you attached to it for backup. I wish i could do more for you, but that is the way those accounts are set up. But, that phone number will work for you. Even if you attach it to a new phone.

Franklin

Sigh, this is such a bad day for me. ok, what would the procedure be to get it back from a computer?
It will depend on what browser you used so we can 'reveal' it off you saved it.

Im sorry. That cross posted for other issue.

Please disregard.

I used a google browser and my google was signed in at the time, does that matter?
No. One moment and I'll send you a link. You are looking for Google on the left and your email on the right when you look for stored password.
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0
I would also check credential manager.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/find-hidden-saved-passwords-windows/amp/
Ok, but the problem isn't my password, I kno my passwords for the account I tried to get on using it and they carried me straight to the recovery page...
Try to use internet explorer instead of chrome. What is the recovery page asking?
Hi Isaac, sorry for the delayed responses I have been quite busy this week. To answer your last question, The first page asks to send the code which only gives the option to send it to my old number or the option that says I don't have any of these, the next step is to remember email addresses I had emailed and the subject headings(really?!). I have not passed this stage as yet as I am trying my best to ask my friends but most of them have switched to gmail for a while so they themselves are having the same issue and can not help beyond their email addresses. Help.

Have you used that email on the computer you are on successfully before? We may be able to 'find' it if so.

Please update so i can close this issue out or continue your troubleshooting.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Hello, sorry for the extended time on this issue and no I have not done it before on this one. I live in the British Virgin Islands and we recently went thru a very destructive hurricane (Hurricane Irma) So this is a replacement Computer I am now using.
Like I said the issue is not my password ***** is trying to get past the Account recovery crap. Which from my understanding may never happen unless I get my old phone number back. I tried to get past it again this weekend but to no avail. I had friends give me their subject headings for the past emails but it still denied me access. I tried to send myself some emails and put them in as headings but I realized they only wanted emails sent from my hotmail account not to it