Yesterday when the computer was updating I received an error…

Yesterday when the computer...

Yesterday when the computer was updating I received an error message 0x80070652. On line I found a tool to fix but Windows 10 was not listed on this message. Today after the updates loaded =, I received a message that VCRUNTIME 140.dll is missing from my computer. I had uninstalled my McAfee anti-virus and wanted to install a newer version. Can you answer the two questions?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your McAfee AntiVirus?

I don't remember, not too long ago. I hardly ever use this laptop as I use the desk top most of the time. McAfee Life Safe is what I took off & was replacing with McFee Total Protection

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think this is all. If the tool for fixing 0x80070652 is okay for Windows 10 is it safe to download?

3/13/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

usually the error code might show up if the updates are not correctly installed

did you restart the computer after running the updates

The updates came in this AM and the computer shut down & restarted.
At this time I will pass & just chat to see what you can offer to resolve

please note that you can reopen this chat window from just answer email by clicking on view response

try the below

in the windows search box type windows update and then click on the check for updates option that sows in search box

in the settings window that opens click on check for updates option

let me know if it shows any available updates

if you get a remote assistance service popup, you may choose to ignore as its an optional service and the popup is generated automatically by the website and not me

i will continue to assist you on chat

good. If I feel that id Need the remote assistance I will do this later

sure. please try the steps i have listed above

You mentioned to try the steps listed above, I don't see them. Did you send them to an e-mail?

reposting the steps below

I don't see a Windows box. Do I have to leave this site to do this? I'm 80 years old and this chat ting is new to me

press the windows key and S key together on keyboard to open the search box

I follow what you are saying. Went there & will try again as the site disappeared on me

ok. please try once more

Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
I got back into the site but did not see the box to type in. Let's to the remote.

Follow these steps to remote connect
Click here
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

i got disconnected from the remote session after the computer restarted on the update

let me know once computer has rebooted if you still get that error message

michelleclive: hi
michelleclive: michelle this side
michelleclive: i am now connected
michelleclive: you can chat with me on this chat box
Guest: ok
michelleclive: may i take mouse control and check the problem\
Guest: yes
michelleclive: thanks\
michelleclive: i will restart computer once
michelleclive: thanks for your patience ..waiting for the scan to complete
Guest: ok we are getting there hope this will resolve the problems
michelleclive: i will restart computer once more

Hi Michelle,
Just want to thank you for solving my computer issue on March 13th. It is working okay and I was able to install my McAfee. Thanks again.