I cannot get it to come on. It is an ENVY dv7. Can you help.

I cannot get it...

I cannot get it to come on. It is an ENVY dv7. Can you help

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

It is a HP laptop computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

I think the model is an ENVY dv7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have only tried to start it up as normal and it will not stay on. It isn’t a battery issue because it shows it is charging

3/13/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you see anything show on the screen at all? Are any fans running when you try to start it?

Please let me know

The screen lights up for a few seconds and I do hear a fan but it immediately shuts down
How can you connect if I can’t get the unit to come on?

Thanks

Please disconnect the power cable then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it now starts please

thank you

It does not start
I followed your suggestion and it did not come on.
Are you still there?

Can you connect it please to a different power socket and then repeat the instructions.

tell me if it then comes on please

Still nothing. It stays on for maybe 3 seconds when I press the on button then shuts down

Thanks

It is the internal power supply that is shorting out, this now confirms it and explains the symptom

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Envy to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Okay thank you. Am I being billed? It stated $5 to begin with and then $47 and now 37 more??

No the additional cost was for the connection, and optional service but in your case of course that is not a service we could have done if you choose to

thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Computer Specialist