I’m logged into my yahoo mail on my iPad, I need to login on…

Hi, I’m logged into...

Hi, I’m logged into my yahoo mail on my iPad, I need to login on my laptop but I can’t because I forgot my password ***** don’t have an alternative email or cell phone. Please help me

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

That’s not it, I’m ok in apple, I need to open my yahoo account on another computer in my house. I need to download some new software on that computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is not a Mac thing I just need to reset my yahoo mail password

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

they need an alternate email address which I no longer have or a cell phone number that they can recognize and I don’t own a cell phone
Can someone just send me a password ***** on my***@******.*** account now. I’m presently logged in I’ll be able to get the message and rest my password

Thank you. Unfortunately, Yahoo doesn't have a live support. We do help Yahoo out with setting up accounts, how to reset accounts, etc, but we don't have access to reset the passwords. If you've tried the password ***** which is the link I provided, then they won't allow you to reset the account. It's a security that Yahoo and Gmail have setup.

Can you transfer me to an expert that can send me a key to reset my password?
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, I am Russell H., Expert with JustAnswer.com. I hope I can help resolve the problem.

1. you are logged in to the account already on one device.

2. open a new email account, e.g. a free email account from hotmail.com or aol.com. Use your web browser to do that - it will avoid confusion among accounts. Note the new email account's email address and password!

3. go to the device where you are logged in (see 1.) and enter, in the Yahoo! account settings, that email address, as your 'recovery' address.

4. then go to the laptop, and use the 'Forgot your password?' link on the Yahoo! login page, to recover or reset your Yahoo! account password.

I realize that you may be prompted for your password ***** step (3.), which would block this procedure. Also you may need instruction on where to add the new email address's address in as your 'recovery email'.... if so, let me know in Reply, and I will advise you further as to what may be done to solve this problem.

Hi Russell, thanks for your help. I had already created a new account on my laptop but have not been able to add the new retrieve adresse in Yahoo. As you thought they are prompting me for my password. I think my only chance is that yahoo send me a reset key in my mail box which I can still get since I’m still logged in.
By the way, your instructions are excellent.

I'm glad to hear it, if my instructions seem to be of good quality.

Yes, use the laptop, use the 'Forgot your password?' link there, see if you can receive the password-reset email.

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Still can’t reset, I’m afraid I’m done. If only I could talk to someone at yahoo. Thanks for your help Russell

Thank you - I appreciate your giving me a five-star rating. And I wish I could figure a way around the problem... I assume that you did not ever receive a reset email, after requesting one. (But if that assumption is wrong, I might still be able to help you with further advice.)

Thanks for your concern. I did not get a reset email but I’m ready to let this go. Thanks for all your help

You're welcome. Your courtesy distinguishes you and is greatly appreciated. Have a great day!