User ID is [email protected]***. Forgot my password; can't get into my…

User ID is [email protected]***...

User ID is [email protected]***. Forgot my password; can't get into my account to change phone number and password. Help!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes - that didn't work. I need help!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have two problems: (1) forgotten password ***** (2) wrong phone number on account

3/13/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist

If you forgot your email password, you can get a new one. There are two processes to follow, depending on whether you have forgotten your password *****

If you are performing the password ***** process for the first time, you must enter your Cable Modem ID, or MAC address. The number is ***** the modem itself. You will also be asked to select and answer a security verification question.

To reset a forgotten password ***** the first time:

1. Go to https://pt.rr.com. The Password ***** Tool opens.
  2. Click I don't know my email password.
  3. Enter your Email Address.
  4. Enter the two words displayed, separated by one space.
    • If you can't read the words, click to generate new words.
    • If you would prefer to hear the words, click .
  5. Click Submit. You are prompted to enter your Cable Modem ID (MAC address).
  6. Locate the Cable Modem ID on your modem.
  7. In the text box, enter your cable MAC address, omitting the dashes.
  8. Click Submit.
  9. Select a Security Verification Question from the drop-down list.
  10. In the Answer text box, provide the answer to your Security Verification Question.
    • This answer is case sensitive, so "blue" is not the same as "BLUE." An exact match is required.
    • This answer will be used to verify your identity in the future for password *****
  11. Click Reset Password. Your new password ***** ***** as a random eight-digit number.
  12. Record the password.
  13. Click the Self Care Section link to log in to Subscriber Self Care. You can then change your new password.

To reset a forgotten password ***** the initial password *****:

2. Click I don't know my e-mail password.
  3. Enter your Email Address.
  5. Click Submit. The Security Verification Question you selected previously is displayed.
  6. In the Answer text box, provide the answer to your Security Verification Question. This answer is case sensitive, so "blue" is not the same as "BLUE." An exact match is required.
  7. Click Reset Password. Your new password ***** ***** as a random eight-digit number.
  8. Record the password. You can use the new password ***** access your email account.
  9. Click the Self Care Section link to log in to Subscriber Self Care. You can then change your new password.

Password *****

Your new password:

• Must be between 8 and 20 characters long.
  • Must include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number.
  • Must include at least one special character (symbols, punctuation marks, etc.).
  • Must not be the same as any of your previous passwords.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If this helps, please rate me 5 stars!!

Thanks,

Jamie

Hello, did you need any further assistance with this? Let me know if you do.

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, thank you. I'm all set. Except that I do want to cancel that help charge.
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer