On my apple mac I have a window that pops up stating "safari…

Customer Question
hi on my apple mac I...
hi
on my apple mac I have a window that pops up stating "safari cant verify the identity of the website "stags.bluekai.com" and that "you may be connecting to a website that is pretending to be "stags.bluekai.com" which could put your confidential information at risk. would you like to connect to the website anyway? this always happens when I connect to ebay. Is this a virus? How do I delete this? thank you.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 5 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

It is an extension that has installed itself in Safari, it is like a virus but not as destructive.

Do you recall which program you installed around the time this problem started?

Im not too sure

ok, in Safari, click on Safari, then preferences, go to extensions, what is listed there?

There is nothing listed.

If you go to addons, what is listed there?

Im sorry I can't find the addons tab. Where is it?

you will see it under the preferences

Can I connect to your computer to resolve it for you?

Please let me know

Is there an extra fee for that?

yes, you see this when it shows up

Is like to try it without the extra fee. I found installed plug ins. Is that what u r looking for?

It is another area to check.

What is listed there?

Sharepoint browser plug in, shockwave flash, silver light plug in, uplayer.

disable them all please and remove

then restart the mac and tell me if it then works please

How do I disable them?

you see the option there to delete the plug ins., please choose this