I am not receiving emails in my eM Client account. An error…

Hi I am not...

Hi I am not receiving emails in my eM Client account. An error message comes up saying imap wants my password ***** I have not changed passwords Thankyou

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Internet connect is fine, I am checking my email from eM Client

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks thats really the main issue

3/13/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please which email program you are using?

Please let me know

Thank you

Hi yes I am using outlook

Thanks

Which version of outlook? And to which email service is it connecting to?

sorry dont know did not know there where many versions of outlook all I do is switch on my computer, click on the eM client icon and it opens up my email

ok, can you tell me to which email service it connects to please?

ok Richard sorry but I am confused because I understand that my email service is eM Client
hello are you still there???

yes.. but emclient is just email client... not a program

Can I connect to your computer to fix this please?

is this going to cost me $55 for 5min if that to fix it?

I cannot say if it takes 5min or 50, I do not know the issue, program, email service or anything.

But it is not the time but the fix that matters

it will take 5 min because it has happened before but the person who fixed it last time is away on holiday. I use Internet Explorer as my browser does that help

That is your internet browser not the email client

correct

Ok. we are still stuck on the original question.

I understand you do not want to pay to have it fixed, but it is a paid service... and I cannot progress if I do not know what you use

You are not being very helpful at all!!!! If you asked the right questions to help me understand it would work just like it has with other but it clearly seems you are intend on making yourself a quick $55. What a waste of my time and a waste of my time and $5 down the frickin drain and you call yourself a tech support specialist!!! What a rort

Ok, I am sorry you are upset with me .

I need to know which email program and email service you are using to help you, think like trying to know what car you have to fix it.

It is not meant to upset you but to resolve your problem, it is a question I of course have to ask all clients to know what the problem could be, else I can connect and resolve it for them.

I kindly ask you please try to understand this and that it is very hard to work on resolving something when we have no idea what it is.

sure Richard I get it but remember you are dealing with some people who are too tech savvy if you can give me an example of an email program & service I may then understand what you are meaning and know what it is, thankyou

There are hundreds of these. You just need to look at the program you open and it tells you when you open it.

windows 10 is this it??

No, that is the version of windows running on your computer, it is a program installed on your computer.

I will connect and fix this at no additional cost

Click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=66c1809b-efaa-4876-82a3-9ce0b7c4339f

Click I agree and run the file that downloads

Richard, Computer Specialist