Factory recovery was inadvertently run and it reset the OS…

Factory recovery was inadvertently...

Factory recovery was inadvertently run and it reset the OS to windows 8 and I was running windows 10. How can I reset to OS windows 10?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

It's a Dell XPS 8700. I think I would have to dig up the dale information to be sure.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not tried any thing yet and to the best off my knowlege all apps were up to date.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of any thing.

3/13/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you purchase Windows 10 previously?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

windows 10 was just released wen I bought the computer and it was a free-bee.

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b145fd01-917d-4515-aad1-0f3737550ce2
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yaqrjdtr
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Via remote support, I started the windows 10 installation process. Please let me know if there is still any issue later on. Thank you.