I upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10

Customer Question
I upgraded from windows...

I upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional during the free upgrade period. Today I lost the operating system from my computer. I tried to use a recovery disk that I made of windows 10 but it stopped working after it reached 13%. How do I get

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Dell

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just today. At first the computer got into a loop and just started up then shut down. Now if I try to start it up, it says there is no system software.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I cannot do anything. When I try to startup the computer, it says there is no system software.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I had windows 10 professional. I still have my activation key.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/13/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Click on the link below and download the Media Creation Tool:

click here

and then run the tool and follow the prompts to create either a Windows 10 installation ISO image that you can burn to DVD to boot the computer and fix the startup loop, or write directly to a USB drive (it will provide the option to do either one).

Once you have the ISO burned to DVD (if your computer has a DVD drive) or the Windows 10 installation file written to a USB drive, insert the media into the computer and boot the computer from the Windows 10 installation media (note that you may have to change boot order settings in the BIOS so the portable media is at the top of the boot order before booting from the Windows 10 install media).

Then follow the prompts and select Repair Your Computer when the option appears, then select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then click Startup Repair. The utility will then scan for and repair corrupt files and configurations. Once completed reboot and remove the boot media and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.