I think I have been hacked. A message came up on my computer…

I think I have...

I think I have been hacked . A message came up on my computer to call a number. He claims he was from micro soft but after listening to him for awhile I think he was scamming me. I unplugged ever everything . Not sure what to do?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I am not sure. We do not use it very much at him one and I can't tell unless less I turn the computer on. Should I do that?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

In me notion a real computer whiz! It just started tonighti have not done anything but shut it downs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I leave the computer off?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, that was certainly a scam. What did the scammer ask you to do? Did the scammer do anything on your computer?

Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I have windows. He was telling me to look at my screen and that 9 people were trying to hack my computer . I could hear other voices in the background . All with accents. I told him that he might be the hacker . He was able to get on my screen. I am not sure what version of Microsoft but I believe it is 2010
Do I need to plug everything back in and turn it on?

Please plug in your computer and turn it back on and let me know what it shows now. Thank you.

It is plugged in. Waiting to boot up

OK, once the computer is back on, please use it and let me know what happens.

It keeps saying" working on updates .100% complete. Don't turn off your computer

Please wait about 10 more minutes. Thank you.

The screen looks normal. How did u know what computer as the address I gave you is not connected to this computer? I do not use another email except for my work email
Is it ok to use? How do I know what they hacked?

Great. Did the scammer tell you to download / install any program on your computer? If yes, did you download / install that program on your computer?

It did but the screen went away before I could click on it
It says to install the latest version of windows 10

Did you see the scammer move your computer's mouse / cursor on your computer's screen?

No but now I have a differently view on my screen? How do I get my old one back?

The fake popup message window usually occurs when you accidentally click on a bad website link or advertisement or bad email attachment. Usually, shutting down / restarting the computer should resolve the issue. In the future, please always ignore any popup message or email message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

What kind of view is it? Is it in a particular program?

It isn't a pop up . It is just big icons/boxes on the entire screen of the various programs on the compilation

Right-click on an empty space on the computer's Desktop screen, then select the option View, and adjust the icons size there.

Right-click on an empty space on the computer's Desktop screen, then click on option Display settings, and adjust the screen resolution numbers there, etc.

Thank you.

View does not pop up but I will play around with it. Is it good to go? How do o know what they hacked?

Only if you saw the computer's mouse / cursor was moving on its own, then it was hacked.

If you go to your computer's program list, and if you see any new strange program, the uninstall / remove it.

You can go to Settings > System > Display settings (or Control Panel -> Display) and adjust the screen resolution, etc. there.

Thank you.

It is good to go now. Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you for your patience.