Can't open Microsoft Word 10. Yesterday morning

Can't open Microsoft Word...

Can't open Microsoft Word 10.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Word?

Yesterday morning

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you are charging me extra to securely connect, I decline.

Okay. What happens when you attempt to open Word? Are you given any type of error message?

Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing, except a momentary flash on the monitor, then black.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 79
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason am not able to follow the directions, no window appears with the run command

I see that you have tried to run it many times. After you download the file, you must open the file and run it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can't open the file. Have used the directions but no go

You see the file, but you cannot open it? What problem are you having when you attempt to open it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason, all it shows is an example of how to run the app, but no active window occurs
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there another path?

Which browser are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Internet explorer

I see that you are having some sort of problem running the remote on your computer.

Let's try this another way.

Go to the following page: http://ultraviewer.net/en/download.html
- On the page that comes up, click the orange Download button for the "INSTALL (EXE) option, download, and open that file.
- A file will be downloaded. Save that file and open it.
- After you run UltraViewer, it will give you an ID and Password. I need for you to give me the ID and Password ***** it shows you.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Keep in mind that you must keep the program running for me to connect. For this reason, please do not close it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ID: 9369 189; Password: 9788
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason, do I need an ID and Password ***** you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason, according to instructions I need an ID and a Password ***** you before the app will connect.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason, have I lost connection?

Thank you. Do you still have it open?

I am connected.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see that you are.

Thank you

The problem is that the windows were 'shrunk' to only a few centimeters in length and width. The way that I fixed it was configured the application to open as "Maximized".

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jason , appreciate your help. Next time I run into a problem, I'll give you a call. Thanks much. God be with You. Hilary

You are most welcome, Hilary. Thank you for your time today.

Jason Jones, Computer Expert