I got smashed with a Geek Squad. I somehow eliminated my…

Customer Question
I got smashed with...

I got smashed with a Geek Squad. I somehow eliminated my password, so eveery step I have to key over and over ..... How can that be fixed. I spent 3 hours with a tech in the MSFT office

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It is an HP I have had it for almost 2 years started with w Windows10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It started Sunday from the GeekSquad....that did a small cleanujp and after that they knew they made a mistake. I took my pc to them this morning and there solution was not to have a password....without considering the problems the causes. PLEASE HELP ME. i AM SENDING this on my wife's computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That seems to be the KEY problem

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good evening,

My name is*****'m sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had so far. I'll try to help fix that now.

After reading your description, it sounds like your old password ***** not work anymore ? Has your Windows account been removed as well ?

If so, I would suggest using a "System Restore". This will undo a lot of things that your Geek Squad associated added to your computer.

Please follow the steps below:

1) assuming you can't login (because your password ***** not work), turn off your computer and make sure there are no discs or USBs inserted into it

2) hold down the "shift" key and power on your computer. Continue to hold down the shift key until you see an option to enter into safe mode

3) choose that option. NOTE:Your system might just automatically go into safe mode.

4) once windows loads, You should see an option to log into your old account. If there is another account there (ie admin) choose that account.

5) Once the desktop for the account loads , use the Windows search option to search for "system recovery"

6) Choose "open system restore" and choose a "restore point" (ie date) . I suggest choosing the last date that occurred prior to your Geek Squad servicing.

Please let me know if this works out for you. If not, I'll take your feedback and come up with another process. Thank you.