I am unable to remember my password. Toshiba laptop.

I am unable to...

I am unable to remember my password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Toshiba laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

Satellite C850 Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

Tried a number of passwords!! Google Back-up and synch Cloud should be taking over Google Drive and my computer is the administrator

3/12/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Are you unable to log into your google account or the computer itself?

Chris L., Support Specialist
i can log in as another user but cant renembrr the password ***** log into the user I need to log into.

I can have a look and see what is going on.
Please click HERE and then click agree, a file called elsinore screen connect will download and you need to click that and allow it to run.

To run on my computer, I assume? But I cant log into the user I need to log into or into my hotmail account because I dont know it’s password *****

Yes on the computer. Are you saying you cannot log into your computer at all? If so please let me know which version of windows you have.

Sorry, but al I;m getting when I click "Here" is advertising/tour offer. I am signed into my Hotmail account on my computer.
Cd u pls call me on my mobile.(###) ###-####

I am sorry I am in the USA and cannot call you. Do you know which version of windows you are using? Is it windows 10? Do you normally log into the computer with your hotmail account?

I'm logged into my computer, yes, but as a different user to the one I wish to log into.

Ok I need to know which version of windows you are using so I can tell you what to do.

Sorry, I have no idea what to do. Are you able to remotely connect??

Yes I can connect, are you on the computer now?

If you are on the computer Please click HERE and then click agree, a file called elsinore screen connect will download and you need to click that and allow it to run.

Sorry to be so obtuse.... I clicked HERE as instructed but there wasn't anywhere that I could "Agree" in order that something could be downloaded/installed to enable you to have access to my computer. Unfortunately, someone uses my computer during office hours so I am required to try to fix this problem prior to 8.30.

I can provide instructions for you to try yourself but I need to know which version of windows you have? Is it windows 10, 8, 7?

7

Thanks. Click Start and Choose Control Panel next choose user accounts and family safety, next select user accounts. Now select manage another user account on the left. Select the account you can't log into and choose change password.

Advised Windows cannot remove password

Will it let you change it and is the account you are logged into an administrator account?

Many thanks. If you could provide an approximate time, it would be appreciated
it is an administrator account.

You should then be able to reset the password ***** the account you cannot get into. If you cannot is this a computer that is part of a domain connected to a server by chance? If not try following along with these instructions https://www.isunshare.com/windows-7-password/reset-windows-7-password-with-command-prompt.html

Many thanks. Finally .... removed password