I've got an Asus Zenbook, and the female end of the charger…

Hello ANDY-- Technician's Assistant:...

Hello ANDY--

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I've got an Asus Zenbook, and the female end of the charger is not connecting properly with the charging pin. Can the computer be charged using the USB port, or does it need to be returned for repair?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did this issue start?

about two weeks ago. I've been able to wedge a cloth between the charger cord and the female port and connect that way, but it won't last.

Okay, it looks as if your charging port cable is going bad.

What is the model number for your Zenbook?

What is the contact info for Asus to arrange a repair?
computer not under warranty

ASUS phone number for product support is 1-***-***-****.

Please Rate My Service if my answer was sufficient!
If you have any other questions please let me know, as I always strive for excellent service!!
Thank you!

Samuel NetEngineer